Thursday 16 April 2015

Green Eats.. What I Ate Today!

So as my first food post I'm going to do a What I Ate Today! I love these types of posts and Youtube videos, I swear I binge on those videos! So here it goes, What I Ate Today (well yesterday) Hahaha..
Enjoy and I hope you try some of these meals out.

For Breakfast:

 I had a green smoothie bowl. It had avacado, banana, apple, spinach and water in the base. On top I put 0% fat Fage Greek Yoghurt and my homemade berry coulis, it is s easy to make! All I did was put frozen mixed berries with some water and 1 tsp of maple syrup in a pot and allowed it to simmer and soften. I then sprinkled some of my Granola on top. The granola has oats, maple syrup, cinnamon and chopped nuts. I'll post the full recipe at a later date. So this breakfast is ideal for vegetarians and if you leave out the Greek Yoghurt it is ideal for Vegans too, Enjoy with a mug of hot lemon water!




 For Lunch:

I had vegetarian/vegan/gluten free/ dairy free pancakes for lunch! They are the most amazing thing on this planet. All they contain is gluten free oats, a banana, vanilla essence and almond milk. I cooked them in a little organic coconut oil and they browned beautifully. I added the leftover berry coulis from breakfast on top.



For Dinner:

The weather was beautiful so we had a bbq. I made corn that was marinated in a little butter and chopped chili (vegans can use olive oil). I then made a salsa and added it on top of some toasted ciabatta roll and I added some feta on top. Then on the side there was a spinach salad, it was simply just spinach, toasted pine nuts, balsamic vinegar and some feta crumbled on top. Of course if you are vegan you can just leave out the feta cheese.


 For Snacks:

I didn't take pictures of my snacks, ooops. I just had fruit if I was peckish and I drank 2 litres of water (hydration is KEY). 



Hope you enjoyed this 'What I Ate Today', I'm going to try and post them weekly. Hope you all have a happy and healthy week. Dont forget to follow me on Bloglovin (link in the sidebar) and on Instagram @laurenaudreyc .

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment